Feel Comfortable with...
Advance planning is essential for a stress free move. As soon as you
call Equixpress Inc. regarding your transfer to another country, a
moving consultant will make an appointment to visit your home in order
to evaluate your needs.
Before this important appointment go through your entire home, room by room and don’t forget the garden and storage areas. Identify exactly what you want to do with each item, such as ship it, sell it, store it, give it away or discard it.
In case you want to dispose of some items in good condition, we suggest that you contact a local charity.
On the day of the appointment with our moving consultant, make a special point to be at home yourself. The survey carried out by our moving consultant will take approximately one hour of your valuable time.
A thorough inspection will be made, room by room.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO:
• Point out any special items that you worry about, like antiques, or fragile items
• Point out items that will not be included in the move.
• Certain items cannot be included in your move. These include firearms, batteries, explosives, and flammable liquids. Drain all the fuel from lawn mowers and motorized equipment. Discard cleaning solvents, paint and liquid bleach.
• Discuss the time frame with our representative and ask him to give you an estimate of the time the process will take, don't forget to inform when you will be leaving the country so we can schedule everything accordingly.
Based on the weight and volume of the goods to be shipped, EQUIXPRESS will estimate the cost of the move. including the cost of the packing materials as well as transportation cost, delivery and unpacking.
- Extra documentation
- Extra pick ups or second deliveries
- Documentation for exporting of pets
- Third party services: Hoisting, Pianos, disassembling of Billiard tables
PREPARING YOUR MOVE:
DOX BOX – It is always best to set aside in a box or suitcase important papers and documents that you will want to take along with you. This may include airline tickets, passports, school records, medical and dental records, credit cards, birth certificates, jewelry, stamp and coin collections, family photos and irreplaceable computer software. It is recommended to store this box or suitcase carefully so that it does not get loaded in the move.
#1 BOX – Select items you want to get your hands on first when you receive your shipment at destination, like basic pots and pans, detergent, paper towels, a change of clothes, flashlight, simple tools, basic toiletries, a familiar toy or sweater for a child, something that feels like home. Set this important box aside and label it.
TIPS FOR MOVING